God gave me boys because He knew me! God knows that I have no idea what to do with hairbows and make-up. He knows that it isn’t polite to yell and cheer at a ballet recital, therefore I would be really out of place. He gave me boys… and I am thankful. Here are some things I’ve learned about boys along the way…
- ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS, check their pockets BEFORE the washing machine.
- Everything is a competition… running, putting on a seatbelt, finishing dinner, everything.
- Song lyrics are merely a suggestion… my favorite is “give me some meatballs and free my soul I wanna get lost and drop and roll.”
- DSI games can survive the washer and dryer, iPods can not. (See above)
- Anything can be turned into a weapon… sticks turn into make-shift swords and fingers can easily be guns.
- Touching their privates must be some gender requirement.
- There is always dirt.
- Loud is normal.
- Burping and farting are socially appropriate.
- Play is necessary, conversation is not.
- They have trouble aiming 😉 .
- There is no disagreement that 5 – 10 minutes won’t heal.
- Even if they act tough, they still need to hear that you are proud of them.
- No matter how old they get, they still love mommy hugs & kisses, even if they pretend not to.
“Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. They will be a garland to grace your head and a chain to adron your neck.” Proverbs 1:8-9